Cars have ceased to become a luxury, and are being treated as a necessity in today's world. The most important thing that keeps cars running is fuel or gas. With almost everyone owning a car or two, it is important to understand the value of fuel and also learn methods to save gas.
If you follow the basic rules listed below, you will be able a smart gas saver.
- The primary tip to be a gas saver is to stop filling the fuel tank, as soon as the tank indicates to be full. Topping the tank with extra fuel is a waste of money. It is a common belief that filling the tank beyond its capacity helps in the long run. However, the truth is that the extra fuel seeps out and is wasted. So stop topping off your fuel tank and save money and fuel. After filling the tank, tighten the cap and make sure it is secure.
- Select the grade of oil that suits your car. There is no need to fill your car with extra fine or extra crude fuel. As long as your car does not have any problems in running, there is no need to change the fuel grade. Go through the car's manual to understand the fuel grade best suited for your car.
- Heat causes evaporative emissions. So if you let your car stand in the sun during summers, your will lose fuel. Be a smart gas saver and park your car in the shade. Buy a screen cover so that the sun is unable to heat the inside of a car. You can also park your car in a garage. Keeping the car away from heat helps to avoid gas evaporation.
- Edmunds.com reports that cars the with low tire pressure need more fuel, as the engine finds it difficult to keep the car running smoothly at a high speed. This is simply because flat tires offer more resistance and hence more power is needed to keep up the speed. So if the power lacks from the tire, it has to be compensated by the engine and the fuel. Cars with proper tire pressure have 15% more life than the others. So get your tire pressure checked regularly.
- Fine tune your car engine and use the best quality engine oil. An engine in a car is like the brain in the human body. Dysfunctional engine reduces car efficiency and uses more fuel for running. Servicing the car and using best quality engine oil and brake oil is a worthy gas saver tip.
- You can install a gas saver device. Research on such equipment will show up a lot of names like Fuel Genie, Tornado Fuel Saver and Platinum Gas Saver. These devices are installed at the air inlet hose as the air circulation affects the performance of the engine and also improves the mileage of the car. It is said that the car must use two full tanks of fuel before these devices can show results. Each device has ha different installation process and once installed properly they function well.
These tips will give you an insight on how to become a gas saver with ease.